Roasted Peppers with Garlic and Herbs
Adapted from Martha Stewart Every Day Food
- 4 bell peppers (any color), cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- Before beginning preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- On a baking sheet place the 4 bell peppers, cut side up and lightly sprinkle them with olive oil.
- Place the garlic among peppers evenly.
- Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in oven until pepper’s flesh is tender and the skin is blistered in spots, (about 35 mins).
- Plave peppers on a platter and top with a small handful of the fresh basil.