Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars
from Kath Eats Real Food
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts [or any nuts you like]
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (any you like – raisins, cranberries, dates, figs)
- 1/4 cup seeds (any you like – sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1.25 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
Makes 9 servings . Each bar is appx. 170 calories, 3 grams fiber and 5 grams protein. [Cut into 12 squares reduces calories to about 125 calories per square]
While delicious, the only sweetness in these comes from the dried fruit. Add in 1/4 – 1/2 cup brown sugar if you like.
The variations are endless: cranberries, coconut, all kinds of dried fruit, nuts, etc.
Filed under: Uncategorized